Saturday, December 18, 2010

jammies galore!

wow! i don't think i realized how much sewing there was to make 11 pairs of jammies. now, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i don't enjoy it, cause i do, A LOT. but, taking care of the kids, and the house, and food, and everything else that comes with being mom, it takes a lot of work.

oh, but i've had fun! a good friend in the ward (she's actually "adopted" the two babies as her grandkids.), told me i could come over and use her serger. we whipped out almost all of them yesterday afternoon. didn't get the sleepers done, cause there were some tight curves, but it helped immensely and made my life easier. (not to mention the fact that she did all the sewing)

i brought them home, and put the finishing touches on the ones we did, and started on the sleepers. i have only 1 left for my good friend that i'm helping out with christmas. and then my kids' to finish up.

on a slightly sadder note, my baby is colicky. i'm not sure what's going on. she's not nursing very well, she just devoured an entire 2nd stage bottle of squash. she's also not sleeping well. maybe 30-45 minutes at a time. heaven help me, she's trying my patience!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I just wanted to thank you again for the jammies. We've always just bought Christmas jammies for the kids and it's a tradition they really look forward to. It means so much that they can still have their Christmas jammies this year! I really appreciate your kindness and generosity. Please, please let me know if I can help with any costs- shipping, materials, anything at all. I really would love to!

Melissa :)

Southern Spud said...

obviously I'm really late posting this, but Nod! Teething! ;) Even just the teeth moving down into--but not necessarily through--the gums can be painful. Sam also refuses to nurse when he's teething, although H didn't. Feel her gums and see if they seem puffy at all.