Tuesday, December 7, 2010

christmas preparations

i'm trying to get things rolling on christmas presents. something that's not the easiest to do when there are no funds to help.
this year, we're helping out some friends that weren't sure if they were going to have a christmas. that sounds crazy now that we won't have much of one either. every year, i make pajamas for my kids. last year, i also made them for my brothers. well, i added 7 extra pairs to make on top of my normal 4. (yes, you did the math right, that's 11 pairs of jammies!) thankfully, i have entire cupboards full of fabric. not the kind that i normally use or would like, but it will work. after borrowing some money from my mother-in-law, and scrounging for a little more, i was able to get everything (i hope) i need to get all 11 pairs made. i was also able to get the stuff to make shannons quilt. except the batting.
the miracle is that i went through a friends line at walmart to purchase everything. when it was rung up, i was $2 short. she just happened to have $2 in her pocket she gave me!

now comes the fun part! cutting and sewing them all!!!!!
go me!

No comments: