Tuesday, May 18, 2010

whoa, pay attention!

I had an interesting morning. Wish it had been less interesting. Much less.
I'm on my way home from taking elizabeth to school. Driving down highway 33. I'm going 55, which is the speed limit. I'm less than 500 ft away from an intersection, and a car pulls out in front of me onto the highway. I went from 55 to 0 in less than 300 ft. I didn't even have time to lay on the horn. Wish i had.
I don't think the driver even saw me until i was suddenly parked next to them on the side of the road. They paused for a minute and then drove off.
I was so shaken up that all i could do was sit there and cry. It scared the crap out of me.
As i think about it now, i should have gotten their license plate number. I considered that maybe i should have just hit them, but, the car would have been totaled, and it certainly would have put me into labor, & broken a few ribs. None of those was i interested in having happen. (labor, yes. But not under those circumstances)

No comments: