Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Challenges

Well, it has been the first week of 2009. Nadia and I don't really know how we are surviving, but we say our prayers with kids most every night, and try to keep each other posted on what happens during the day and what we are planning. She has some new things happening that I will let her explain later when she begins them. So far we still sleep awkwardly with Shannon through the night. We noticed that her bottom teeth are trying to break through....which baffled us to be honest. I guess three years is long enough to forget what babies go through, but it seems like Shannon is ahead on a lot of things. Taylor will be 5 by tomorrow, so he will be excited. We don't know for sure what we are going to do, but I hope we can give him a good birthday. My fifth birthday came about 6 to 10 months after my first home burned down, so I am glad he hasn't had to deal with a tragedy like that at a young age....although, he has already had six different homes! Pondiside Gardens in St. Anthony is where he lived after he and Elizabeth both were born, and then we moved into Baywood apartments in Rexburg, whereafter she and the kids went to Missouri to Lee's Summit to live with grandparents to take care of sick grandpa ( while I stayed in Idaho and finished school), then we moved into the Romney's house, then Brent and Trisha Larsens home, and now this home....phew. More homes than years alive. Poor kid is pretty resilient though. Both he and Elizabeth are. They play together pretty well, when Elizabeth isn't stomping on him and he isn't bitting her. Anyway, I hope Nadia gets to update a little. I am still working at Walmart but during the days, whilst connecting with friends and networking with their connections to try to get my illustration career jumpstarted. With the economy scaring everybody, it has been hard to find sustainable work. Lots of little low pay stuff though, that never stops actually. Art is "always" in demand somehow. So, later everyone. Take care, and drive safe.
Shaun

No comments: