Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Masters Degree

So, with little time, and droopy eyelids I announce that I am in efforts to begin my Masters Degree at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. They have an entire online system to offer top of the line education from anywhere. A friend of mine just graduated from BYUI and started at the Academy. He saw me while I was "stocking milk" at Walmart and we had a quick chat about what he was doing. I had plans last year to try to attend the Academy, but didn't go through with it then. Time is short and things are in a good placement...kinda. This will be a true challenge to do since Nadia is in school also and I have a few clients I am doing artwork for now. We worry mostly about the kids, but if Nadia and I are going to do this, now is the time when we are young. It won't get any easier. Otherwise, I will end up working for Walmart for the rest of my life... and not doing much artwork at all. It would be really sad to give up my artwork to crunch hours at Walmart... to maybe make ends meet. Especially since I have the opportunity to make much more doing my art. We are also working with Meleleuca to earn money. With Nadia off of the phones and not working there as she did before, we can sell the products now. We have used the products for years now, and won't go back. Powerful, safe for kids and family, and concentrated for longer usage, money saving... and we like that a lot. So, in the hopes that all goes well, and financial aid works, clients are served, kids are ok and loved, time is wisely spent.... we will survive. This is also a time where Nadia and I are working towards going to the Temple this spring or summer. Mostly this will be her waiting for me to catch up to her since she has been worthy for some time now. Well, I'm exhausted, a lot to do still. Hope all is well with everyone else. Take care.

1 comment:

Carli said...

Shaun thats brilliant!! I'm happy for you. Now we can both whinge about being pg students haha.