Tuesday, May 26, 2015

tonight, my heart hurts.

went to the doctor today for a sprout check. we couldn't find a heartbeat (12 weeks is a difficult time to find one). so, we slipped into the sonogram room real quick to catch it. there was no heartbeat. in fact, sprout hadn't grown a single day since the first appointment we had.

i'm also confused. i got a blessing about 6 weeks ago, and was told that i would have the energy i needed for the pregnancy and delivery. and that this baby would be strong and healthy.
i'm unsure how that fits now.

since my body likes to hoard things, we are heading in first thing in the morning for a d&c.

(i'm not even sure how to voice what i'm feeling..

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was about six weeks pregnant when I had a similar blessing. I was blessed that we'd have a little boy and he's be healthy and safe, along with several other very specific promises. So it rattled me a little when I miscarried just a few weeks later. I got pregnant shortly after that loss. Every single thing mentioned in the blessing came true with that baby, who is now getting ready to celebrate his ninth birthday in a few days. I'm so sorry that you are going through this! <3