Friday, September 10, 2010

crazy mama day

so, friday, the kids get out early. which also means that the afternoon kindergarten has different times as well. it occurred to me today, that i'm not exactly sure what time elizabeth needs to be to school on fridays. i tried finding the schedule on the school website, but didn't have any luck. i tried calling the school to talk to the secretary, no luck. i called my friend, who's daughter had afternoon kindergarten last year. she said she thought it was 11:30 vs the normal 11:50. by then, i'd already sent her to make sure she wasn't too late.

then shannon refused to take a nap today. i put her down around 12, and by 12:30 she was back out of her room playing. i tried again around 1, but had the same results.
while i was sewing quilt blocks (more on this later), i had her lay in my bed. it was only after she pulled the loaf of bread off the dresser that i realized, I HADN'T FED HER LUNCH! (don't ask why the bread was on the dresser.)

we got her something to eat, and i kept sewing. then the kids got home from school, and the screaming and playing in my bedroom started. oh, my word! if i could have muzzled my kids, i would have! some of you may have noticed that i did offer them on facebook for sale or lease. that was a total joke.

screaming kids all day long. that's what i've had. enough that by the time shannon got into my sewing stuff and pulled out my rotary blade, and elizabeth sliced her hand with it, i was ready to explode. i went out to the office, and informed shaun that i was past done. he went in and cleaned the kitchen floor, and got the kids to clean the front room. i calmed down enough to come in and get dinner on the table and we ate.

(i think i left something out, but i don't know what it is.)

No comments: