Friday, April 30, 2010

more computer woes

So, we've come to the conclusion that we cannot afford to replace my laptop (i can't even pay the bills i have right now). The one that shaun wants to get me is $750, and that's on sale. Even the bottom end one is $500. Even with the $120 that i will get for parts for the old one isn't going to help a whole lot.
I thought i was ok with it, but i'm having a hard time. Not having a laptop means losing some freedom. That's hard to deal with.
I have to type up blog entries on my itouch and mail them to myself. That's why some of spelling is off, and there are actual capital letters  The computer we set Up in the front room, the internet is finicky.
No more scrapbooking, which i really enjoyed. The computer in the front room is not powerful enuf to support photoshop. Let alone enuf room to store the photos.
No more games. The internet is finicky, and not enuf power to handle them.
I had everything i frequently visited bookmarked, and passwords saved for them. I do have a document that has a listing of all my usernames and passwords on it, but it's on the dead laptop.
I suppose i could lose something worse, like the itouch that has the calendar on it. I wouldn't know what was going on if i lost that. Or, the phone that has all my contacts on it. But still, the lose of freedom is hard to take.

1 comment:

Marnee said...

Oh Nadia, I'm sorry.

If you want, I can check and see if any of the donated machines for the LUG would do any better for you than the one you have set up right now.