Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Work, Work, Work, and then, Oh, Sleep

I don't know that my posts will be as interesting as Nadia's, but when I look at the ones she has so far, they are so interesting to me. I guess that is because she is now in the shoes I was in at home. Now I am in her shoes...well, if you consider how crazy being on Graveyard shift is, I kinda went overboard taking her place. But I had to get out of the house away from the kids...10 months of Mr. Mom had finally endangered my sanity. I just feel bad that it all switched when she is 6-9 months pregnant. She still needs my help at home, but all I can do is sleep. Its pretty hard to wind down after work, and then the kids are up at 8 or 9 when I should be going to bed. As I wine about this, please allow for the following facts: we live on the main corner for people to reach campus, both students and faculty; when I try to sleep in the bedroom, then kids come in and jump all over because they are awake, so I usually surrender to the office...sadly, away from my wife; and does anybody else have trouble sleeping when it is bright? Nadia really tries to keep the kids quiet, but the house carries the sound well no matter what. I really appreciate her, and I really really miss her. Which brings me to the shoes again...I applied to Meleleuca yesterday, where Nadia just quit to be Mom again. Days part time will almost match my night differential from Walmart, and I can work a couple hours less a day and start marketing my artwork some. Several good things: Days (well nights 4 or 6-10), I need say no more; sleeping at the same time as my family, in the same room as my wife; Meleleuca product checks (we realized we lost them now that Nadia doesn't work there), yea; and no more heavy frieght...oh, and I can dress nicer and not destroy my clothes :) On a different note, I am in the process of building Taylor a costume for Halloween. He told me he wanted to be Optimus Prime when I asked him what he wanted to be. So, I am carving blue foam core into parts to turn my son into the famous Transformer. I'll get some photos and post them, or have Nadia do it. I'm exhausted. Hope I wrote understandably and didn't say too much. Everybody cheer Nadia on these last 3 or 4 weeks! She is so patient with me...and works hard with the kids to keep them in line, or to undo what I have allowed, and do what I never did. We are all alive and healthy for the most part, other than my daily sanity checks. I will go on and on. So, that's it. First post. Hope it made sense. Later
nadia here-you have to understand that the product check was worth $80. that's laundry and cleaning products, and vitamins, and personal products that i didn't have to pay for out of pocket. it was one of the many wonderful benefits of working for melaleuca.

No comments: