Wednesday, October 8, 2008

still on schedule

so, the midwives want me to keep track of my blood sugar for another week to see if the high fasting numbers are going to be consistent. they allow for 2 high days a week, i had 6. all my other numbers are great. it's just those fasting numbers that have us worried. they told me the next step, if diet and exercise don't work is oral meds. if the meds don't work, then it's insulin. if i go on
insulin, i become a dr patient and not a midwife patient. hope we can avoid the insulin then.
oh, the midwife doesn't think the baby is very big yet. that's exciting news!
i have 2 days of work left before i come home for good. i'm so excited. the hard part is going to be getting the kids back on a normal schedule.
still waiting to hear back from the school as to whether they'll let me back in or not. if they do, i need to go see my advisor and figure out the best way to get me graduated.

No comments: