Tuesday, June 30, 2015

relationships

in the last 6 months, i have seen the relationships between my kids just blossom. on their own, taylor and elizabeth will step in and decide to do something for and with the little kids. sometimes it's reading, sometimes it's playing.

i remember one day that my heart just about burst with joy, cause they were being so kind and wonderful with each other. (for the life of me, now i can't remember what they did, but i was so grateful.

every now and then, someone asks me if i plan on putting them back into public school. i remember the days that they are awesome with each other, and i can't stand to think about bringing that all to a screeching halt. let alone all of the other chaos that we've managed to escape because we homeschool.

yes, i would have more freedom and there would be less stress in my life if i put them back into public school. but, if my kids lose their friendships and their cohesion as a family because i decided i was more important, i'm not okay with that.

i WANT my kids to be good friends. i WANT to have a strong family unit. any sacrifice on my part, is worth it.

No comments: