Sunday, January 13, 2013

slacker

it's been awhile since i've really blogged anything. lately, i find myself lacking energy and desire to do much. i get basics done, but can't seem to do much more than that. the laundry hasn't been put away for 3 weeks, we've been pulling clothes out of the baskets. i'm hoping to get a few more things done a week, and eventually get to the point that everything is maintenance instead of disaster management. and then organized.

i was telling shaun today that my house will never be a show house clean. that is not my goal. my house is lived in, and by 5 little people to boot. if i can stay on top of the basics, i'm doing pretty good!

1 comment:

Southern Spud said...

Take comfort, Nod: You're sounding pretty normal to me, and I only have three little ones!!! It's typical for me to have probably half of our laundry unwashed for months at a time. As for regular housekeeping, the best line I've ever heard is "Cleaning a home with little children in it is like shoveling while it's snowing." Seems pointless, but it's actually quite necessary if you don't want to be snowed in! ;)

Best of luck with catching moments to clean and organize. Last month I tackled my entryway. I love the way it looks, it's easy to drop all our stuff in the correct places, and it's super easy to clean up (at least every other day if not 2-3x a day!) when the correct places aren't used or baby comes exploring, which is essential considering it's a must-keep-clear area. Open baskets are perfect for tossing things into as you walk by. I have my and the kids shoes AND SOCKS there, so there's no running back and forth from bedrooms trying to find (and remember to find) them as we go out the door. It's awesome.