Tuesday, July 10, 2012

sigh

I thought it was Tuesday. But it sure felt like a Monday this morning.

I was nursing Michael, and Shaun was trying to wake up. The older two were allowed to sleep on the porch again, and the two little girls went out there after they woke up. Everyone was inside for breakfast, except for Ashley. Shaun called out to the older kids to find Ashley. Elizabeth came back in saying that Ashley had blood on her chin, and all the way down to her toes. Shaun went out to investigate. He came back in just after I finished feeding Michael. As Elizabeth had said, she did indeed have blood on her chin, and it had dripped all the way down the front of her to her toes.

Shaun discovered that she had been in or on the back stairwell, and had fallen. There are blood drops in the stairwell.

I got her cleaned up, and decided that she needed to go in and get stitches. I finished feeding Michael, got dressed and took her in.

3 stitches, and 2 x-rays later, we are doing better. We did the x-rays because she was complaining about her arm, but there was nothing obvious. Nothing showed on the x-rays, but she's kept complaining about her arm. The doctor told me to come back in on Thursday if she's still complaining about her arm. I'm a little frustrated that he only put 3 stitches in. after we got home, she started bleeding out of one of the corners. I made a butterfly and put it over the corner. If he had started a little closer to the end of the cut, he could have gotten 4 stitches. I know that the butterfly will hold, so I'm not too concerned.

No comments: