Wednesday, March 3, 2010

diabetic diet, here i come. again.

today was the dreaded glucose test. that drink tastes like straight soda syrup! i took the drink, and didn't make it into the office to take the test in time. the results weren't terrible, but they want me to take it again. since i have to take elizabeth into school in the morning, i'm going to stop by on my way back and redo the prick test.
then she ran numbers and said that even if it comes back negative, she wants me to follow the diet cause she doesn't want me to gain any more weight. i gain A LOT when i get pregnant. as i've already gained close to my allotted 25 pounds, they want to see me either plateau or lose. SO, i go back on the diet starting today. joy.
the diet itself isn't all that bad, but she put me on a 1600 calorie limit. after my skimpy lunch, i was still very hungry. this could be interesting.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Nadia!

It's been so long since our days back at Ricks! I've often thought of you and wondered how you were doing. It's nice to be back in touch again! Your family is beautiful!

Love, Melissa :)
(your long lost roommate!)

www.withasmile.wordpress.com

Nadia said...

i've often wondered about you as well, and feel bad for not trying to keep in touch. i'd had 5 miscarriages before we had our first 6 years ago. it's nothing personal, but hearing that you were on #3 when i had my first was hard on me. and for some reason, reading that you have 6 now, makes my throat close up and tears come to my eyes. i'm ok with everything, really i am, but occasionally. . . well, i'm sure you understand, having had 3 yourself.
i'm glad that things are going well for you. wish we were closer, but i know we are both where we are supposed to be.