Saturday, August 23, 2014

broken

my sister-in-law was participating in a wedding party. her dress didn't fit correctly. she needed it altered, so she called me. NO PROBLEM!

while i was sewing the alterations, i realized i really needed to clean my machine. so, i pulled things apart and cleaned out all the fuzz. in cleaning it, though, i dislodged a spring.
without the spring, my stitch length didn't exist.

shaun tore the machine apart and was able to put the spring back.

now i have my default stitch length, but it won't change. and it won't backstitch.

i had to call my sister to see if i could use her machine to finish my sister-in-laws dress. especially since i was sewing on satin, and chiffon. the stitch length needs to be longer for those.

now, i have all these half finished sewing projects, and ideas for denim quilts, and i can't do anything about them!

No comments: