Wednesday, January 25, 2012

waiting game

this is the hardest part of being pregnant. the almost done stage. for me, it lasts almost 2 months. and right now, i'm experiencing the "empty arm" syndrome. i am SO anxious to be able to hold this little guy, that it's nearly driving me insane! (not surprisingly, it's worse when i'm tired.)
today i'm 38 weeks and 2 days. we have a doctors appointment in a little over an hour, and we'll see how things have progressed. so far, it's been very slow.
i'm not nearly as ready for him to come as i'd like to be. i don't have my receiving blankets ready, i don't have all the clothes out and washed and put away (no where to put them), the bassinet is filled with the bouncer and the tub. we don't really have any extra room.

the worst part about the waiting this time around, is that i've started worrying that i won't come home with my boy. i keep thinking that something is going to happen, and he won't make it. it TERRIFIES me! especially with no guarantee of eternity yet.

i'm trying, though. i'm trying to be strong, but as each day passes with no change in sight, the feelings intensify. i'm not sure i would survive if he doesn't. lord, please give me peace and strength!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think it's completely normal to worry a great deal during pregnancy. I know I do! Everything will be okay and that baby boy will be in your arms very, very soon! ((hugs))

Melissa :)