Tuesday, November 9, 2010

home school

in my brainstorming with a friend yesterday, i was having serious problems figuring out what i need to do to get my home schooling started. lesson plans, what's required by the state, how i'm going to run this "school," you name it. the only thing i had figured out was that i could get basic supplies from the dollar store.

when she had left, and things settled down around the house a little bit, i went searching online. turns out, there are no requirements and no guidelines for homeschooling parents in idaho! that means that i am completely in charge of what i teach my kids. i can teach them anything i so desire. now to figure out a curriculum that i like, and find everything i need to be able to teach it.

and, yes, just so i have finally stated it and not alluded to it: next year, i am home schooling my children.

2 comments:

Butterfly Wings said...

We are pretty sure we are going to homeschool Katie next year (the boys have a good school and we are letting them decide). I've already got my curriculum ready to go so I can slowly purchase it throughout the next months. I can send you the links to some good websites I found that review curriculum if you would like ideas or helps. There is so much out there! We are so excited about it. Funny you are thinking about it too. I am glad that I'm not the only weird one in the world.

Marnee said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you Nadia, that you get that flexibility of covering pretty much whatever you want/however you want it.

I'm sorry I wasn't much help for you brainstorming. It seems that our focuses in this kind of thing compliment each other really well; in my mind I was thinking about all of the cool hands-on stuff you could do and you were reminding me about traditional paper-pencil stuff. It was good... lol