Friday, August 14, 2009

elderly

i love the elderly. their wisdom is priceless, they adore my obnoxious children, and their supply of advice is never ending. however, i do not like it when they try to tell me how to raise and discipline my children.

tonight i got a call from an older sister in the ward. informing me that the children were getting into things and that she told them she was going to call the cops on them. she called me first to let me know.

turns out, she's old, she's not well. she doesn't like kids. ookay. she REALLY doesn't like mischevious kids. what kid isn't mischevious? thankfully, shaun was with us, and i could let him take the conversation and i walked away.

the kids were trying to start a lawn mower. there's no way, even if they both pulled on the cord at the same time, that they could EVER start that lawn mower.

what am i going to do with my "unruly" children?

1 comment:

Marnee said...

Alex tires to use our weed eater. And he loves playing with the hose on the front porch. Personally, I'm glad that he has a chance to learn how things work and to explore on his own. Granted, I think he does understand that actually having the weed eater running would be dangerous and would hurt him, but still... lol