Monday, November 24, 2008

weekend


wow! it's been almost three weeks since i've put anything up on the blog. i've been trying to recover from having shannon, and this has honestly been the last thing on my mind. so, a little bit of updating is in order.

we are all doing well. we blessed shannon yesterday. my dad did the blessing, and shaun was able to stand in the circle! (ah, that was a surprise) my parents were out here for candices endowments. she went through on friday, they came up here on saturday and left to drive home after sacrament on sunday. it's a long trip for such a short visit. but it was a lot of fun. we didn't really do anything, just sat around and talked. but it was still nice to have them here. candice and my dad's parents also came up. mom, dad, and candice stayed with us, and grandma and grandpa stayed in IF with my great aunt.
my parents got to experience my daughters attitude. they had a great time with the kids. we are no longer putting elizabeth in diapers during the day. it's past time and then some for her to be potty trained. there are times that i tell her to go in and go potty that she tells me that she either doesn't want to, or it's not time yet, and her attitude is clearly apparent when she says it.
my mom made shannons blessing dress, of course, she's made them all. when she got here she realized that she didn't have anything for the other kids, so they went shopping and taylor got new socks that fit, and elizabeth got new panties that fit. they also got elizabeth a new coat at DI. they apparently had to talk her into it though. it was the only one there and she didn't like it at first. it's way cute and fits her perfectly.

No comments: